20 Jun EYP Mentorship Programme
The EYP Mentorship Programme offers young people an opportunity to be guided through some of the most challenging periods of their life, whilst simultaneously provides older alumni with an opportunity to give back to EYP and share their expertise with younger generations.
Mentorship can offer many things, especially to young people at the beginning of their studies or careers. Having a mentor can help you navigate your journey towards a successful career path and create sustainable changes that can be highly beneficial for you.
Who can apply?
The EYP Mentorship Programme is meant for young people at their career transitions, such as finding the first job, beginning a job, changing careers, or setting up a business.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, then you should have a minimum of two years working experience and motivation to participate in the programme.
More information here: www.eyp.org/EYP_Mentoring_concept.pdf
How does it work?
The first step is applying. Then we will match you with a compatible mentor or mentee. Finally, you will, with our help, decide which are the most prominent challenges in your life which you would like to tackle with your mentor and how to do it.
You have 2 ways to participate:
- as a mentee in case you are interested in personal/professional development or have some professional challenges you need help with;
- as a mentor for a younger and active EYPer and help them overcome professional obstacles or find answers to dilemmas through your own professional expertise and life experience.
An indicative suggestion of how mentor-mentee pairs can work is below (please bear in mind that mentors and mentees are free to choose the way they work):
- 1 hour webinar for both Mentors and Mentees (optional)
- First 2 weeks after the webinar: a get-to-know call
- First 2 months: 2-3 skypes/meetings
- 1- 2 months break
- After the break – a follow-up skype
- Up to the Mentee/Mentor to go beyond that (optional)
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or a mentee and creating a mentoring relationship, which can be a meaningful and powerful asset to your life, please apply here by March 7th.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org