04 Nov Join IO Team as a Volunteer (March 2020 – March 2021)
The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe, to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. The EYP is a non-partisan and independent programme. The EYP is a network consisting of 40 European associations and organisations, in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional sessions it reaches out to ca. 30 000 young people all over Europe every year. The international umbrella organisation of the EYP is the Schwarzkopf Foundation, hosting the International Office of the EYP.
We are now looking for a volunteer who will support the work of the EYP International Office, in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC), in the time frame from March 2020 until March 2021, for a duration of 12 months.
Would you like to…
- gain relevant experience in a non-profit-organisation, running an educational programme for young people all over Europe?
- get insights into fields such as project management, communications and event organisation?
- be part of a young, motivated team?
- live in one of the coolest capitals in Europe?
- Receive an allowance for living expenses as well as accommodation?
Do you have…
- good knowledge of English?
- good communication skills?
- previous experience in office work?
- a good team spirit?
- solid knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word (including serial letters)?
- experience in EYP (considered a strong asset)?
- loads of enthusiasm and motivation?
- interest in the aims of our organisation?
Then we are looking for you!
The European Youth Parliament is offering a full-time volunteer position at its International Office in Berlin. We are looking for applicants who would like to gain professional experience in the operations of an international NGO for the duration of 12 months.
You will support the Project Managers of the EYP team in the following areas:
- Practical preparations for events, especially our governance events (EYP Board of National Committees and Governing Body),
- Assisting with communications tasks: curating EYP’s presence in social media and EYP website, helping to develop printed materials such as brochures, flyers and annual report,
- Supporting knowledge exchange among EYP’s national committees,
- Supporting the work of the EYP International Office,
- Preparing and updating databases,
- Supporting the creation of reports and funding applications,
- Helping to coordinate trainings and webinars,
- Preparing and administering evaluations and polls,
- other tasks – depending on your talents, on current projects and events.
- Receive 400 euro/month as pocket money and food allowance.
- Be provided with free accommodation.
- Be reimbursed for the costs of a monthly public transportation ticket.
- Get a reimbursement of up to 200 Euro for a language course.
- Receive health insurance, third party liability insurance as well as general accident insurance.
- Have a chance to join an On-Arrival-Training and a Midterm-Meeting, which are organised by the national agency for the ESC volunteers in Germany.
- Receive a financial contribution to your travel costs from the place of origin to Germany and back.
How to apply?
In the online application form, we ask you to attach your CV in English. We also ask you to either attach your letter of motivation, or to share a short video with us (preferred), speaking about why the position appeals to you and what you would bring to the team. To submit a video, please store it in a place of your liking and share a link with us via the online application form.
Please submit your application online, using the following portal: https://eyp-applications.survey.fm/application-for-evs-volunteer-position
Please submit your application by Monday, 25th of November 2019, midnight 23:59 CET, the latest.
Contact person for further questions