06 Jun Call for applications: Student Assistant positions at the International Office of the EYP
The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe, to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. The EYP is a non-partisan and independent programme. The EYP consists of a network of 40 European associations and organisations in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional sessions it reaches out to ca. 30 000 young people all over Europe every year. The international umbrella organisation of the EYP is the Schwarzkopf Foundation, hosting the International Office of the EYP.
The European Youth Parliament is offering a part-time student assistant position at its International Office in Berlin. We are looking for a student who would like to gain professional experience in the operations of an international NGO, as well as event planning. Knowledge of German is not required for the position.
The positions will start as soon as possible, with a limited duration until December 31, 2018 (prolongation possible).
Would you like to…
- gain relevant experience in a non-profit-organisation, running an educational programme for young people all over Europe
- get insights into fields like project management, communications and event organisation?
- be part of a young, motivated and professional team?
Do you have…
- good knowledge of English?
- good communication skills?
- previous experience in office work?
- a good team spirit?
- solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word (including serial letters)?
- experience in EYP (desired, but not obligatory)?
- loads of enthusiasm and motivations?
- interest in the aims of our organisation?
Then we are looking for you!
You support the Project Managers and the Executive Director of the EYP team in the following areas:
- practical preparations for events (especially governance meetings)
- helping the Executive Director in conceptualizing and implementing processes of various kinds
- Assisting with communications (especially social media) related tasks
- drafting and revising of reports and applications,
- administrative tasks,
- preparing and updating databases,
- preparing and administering evaluations and polls
- composing invitations and other materials,
- other tasks depending on current projects and events.
Working time will be at least 10-20 hours per week (please specify your preferences in the application form), with a salary of 11 EUR/hour (brutto). Contracts will begin as soon as possible and will run until the end of 2018, with the possibility of a prolongation.
Please submit your application using the link: https://eyp-applications.polldaddy.com/s/shk-2018
by June 17th, 2018.
Contact person for further questions
Lukas Fendel, Executive Director