10 Jul Call for applications: European Voluntary Service at the International Office of the EYP
The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe, to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. The EYP is a non-partisan and independent programme. The EYP is a network consisting of 40 European associations and organisations, in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional sessions it reaches out to ca. 30 000 young people all over Europe every year. The international umbrella organisation of the EYP is the Schwarzkopf Foundation, hosting the International Office of the EYP.
We are now looking for volunteers who will support the work of the EYP International Office. We are looking for 3 volunteers to fill positions as soon as possible:
- August 2018 (as soon as possible) until January 31, 2019, for a duration of 5-6 months
- August 2018 (as soon as possible) until July 31, 2019, for a duration of 12 months
- February 2019 until January 2020, for a duration of 12 months
Would you like to…
- gain relevant experience in a non-profit-organisation, running an educational programme for young people all over Europe?
- get insights into fields such as project management, communications and event organisation?
- be part of a young, motivated and professional team?
- live in one of the coolest capitals in Europe?
- Receive an allowance for living expenses as well as accommodation?
- between 17 and 30 years old
- be a citizen of Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- good knowledge of English
- good communication skills
- previous experience in office work
- a good team spirit
- solid knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word (including serial letters)
- experience in EYP (not obligatory)
- loads of enthusiasm and motivation
- interest in the aims of our organisation
Then we are looking for you!
The European Youth Parliament is offering two full time volunteer position at its International Office in Berlin. We are looking for applicants who would like to gain professional experience in the operations of an international NGO for the duration of 12 months/6 months.
You will support the Project Managers of the EYP team in the following areas:
- practical preparations for events, especially our governance events (EYP Board of National Committees and Governing Body),
- Assisting with communications tasks: curating EYP’s presence in social media and EYP website, helping to develop printed materials such as brochures, flyers and annual report,
- Supporting knowledge exchange among EYP’s national committees,
- Helping to coordinate trainings and webinars,
- drafting and revising of reports and funding applications,
- supporting the work of the EYP international office,
- preparing and updating databases,
- preparing and administering evaluations and polls,
- participant management for our International Sessions,
- practical preparations for events,
- other tasks – depending on your talents, on current projects and events.
About European Voluntary Service (EVS)
You will have a chance to join the largest European Voluntary Service! More information about the programme can be found here: http://europa.eu/youth/volunteering_en.
- You will:
- Receive a financial contribution to your travel costs from the place of origin to Germany and back.
- Receive 350 euro/month as pocket money and food allowance.
- Be provided with free accommodation.
- Be reimbursed for the costs of a monthly public transportation ticket.
- Get a reimbursement of up to 200 Euro for a language course, textbooks or dictionaries.
- Receive health insurance, third party liability insurance as well as general accident insurance.
- Have a chance to join an On-Arrival-Training and a Midterm-Meeting, which are organised by the national agency for the EVS volunteers in Germany.
In the online application form, we ask you to attach your letter of motivation and your CV in English.
Please submit your application online, using the following portal: http://eyp-applications.polldaddy.com/s/evs-application-eyp-2018
As we are seeking to fill the vacant positions as quickly as possible. Please submit your application by Sunday, 22nd of July 2018, midnight 23:59 CET, the latest.
Contact person for further questions