The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe, to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. The EYP is a non-partisan and independent programme. The EYP consists of a network of 40 European associations and organisations in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional sessions it reaches out to ca. 35 000 young people all over Europe every year. The international umbrella organisation of the EYP is the Schwarzkopf Foundation, hosting the International Office of the EYP.
We are now looking for interns from the 1st of November 2016 onwards, for periods of three months throughout the whole academic year!
Would you like to…
- gain relevant experience in a non-profit-organisation running an educational programme for young people all over Europe
- get an inside into fields like project management, communications and event organisation?
- be part of a young, motivated and professional team?
- live in one of the coolest capitals in Europe?
- earn 450 EUR per month while doing so?
Do you have…
- good knowledge of English (essential) and German (desired)?
- good communication skills?
- previous experience in office work?
- a good team spirit?
- knowledge of InDesign and layout (desired)?
- experience in EYP (not obligatory)?
- loads of enthusiasm and motivations?
- interest in the aims of our organisation?
Then we are looking for you!
The European Youth Parliament is offering full time internship positions at its International Office in Berlin. We are looking for students who would like to gain professional experience in the management of an international NGO for the duration of three months.
You support the Project Managers of the EYP team in the following areas:
- practical preparations and participant management for board meetings and other events in Berlin,
- drafting and revising of reports and applications,
- preparing and updating databases, administering online elections and polls
- updating websites, member platform and social media sites,
- composing invitations and other materials,
- other tasks depending on current projects and events.
Please note that the maximum length of the internship is three months. Applicants are required to complete the internship in support of their studies or as a part of them. If an applicant has already finished his/her studies, we cannot consider the application.
Applicants from outside the EU should take into account a period of at least six months for the necessary work visa permit application process before the start of the internship. We will favour applicants from European countries in the selection.
We are now looking for interns from the 1st of November 2016 onwards. The concrete time periods we are offering are indicated in the application form. In the online application form, we also ask you to attach your letter of motivation and your CV in English.
We welcome applications online through http://polls.eyp.org/eyp-internship-application
Please apply by Monday 5th of September 2016, midnight CET.
Contact person for further questions
Mandy Buschina, Project manager